Gravenhurst supports the historic vision of the past and continues to grow into the future. The industry and sawmills that Gravenhurst was built on may have disappeared, but the work ethic of the people has remained strong. Attracting a creative class is important to our future. We understand that much growth comes from within; retaining and expanding our current businesses is a priority. Why work from a cubicle in Toronto when you could sit by the lake and do the same thing?
• Just over 90 minutes to Toronto
• Home of the Muskoka Airport, recently renovated and expanded.
• Easy access to Highway 400 directly adjacent to Highway 11
• Widespread access to high speed internet, 100% in our urban core
• Fibre-to-the-home, Canada’s fastest internet is coming to Gravenhurst
• Veridian provides safe, easy and reliable electrical service to the Town of Gravenhurst
• Natural Gas service is provided by Union Gas, with rates adjusted four times annually
• Water and Wastewater services are administered by the District of Muskoka
ARTS & CULTURE
• The Gravenhurst Opera House is your one-stop shop for entertainment
• From galleries to art cooperatives, many Muskoka artists call Gravenhurst home
• Festivals and events that make Muskoka the destination of choice are held in Gravenhurst. Thousands of people come to Gravenhurst annually for these events
• Close proximity to college and university campuses located in Bracebridge, Orillia and Barrie.