The Town of Huntsville is largest municipality in the District of Muskoka with a population approaching 20,000. Situated at the doorstep to Algonquin Park, Huntsville is a progressive community committed to becoming Muskoka’s number one destination to live and work in.
We have a vibrant sports and recreation community as evidenced by the numerous sporting events taking place throughout the year most notable, Ontario’s only full IRONMAN event.
Lastly Huntsville has a growing arts, culture and heritage community and has embraced our relationship with the Group of Seven.
CURRENT AMENITIES AND INFRASTRUCTURE INCLUDE:
• Waterloo Summit Centre for the Environment - The Waterloo Summit Centre for the Environment is an extension of the University of Waterloo main campus. Situated among rocks, lakes and trees
that give Muskoka its’ breath-taking vistas, this venue features exceptional meeting and lecture facilities to accommodate groups up to 225 participants. Our Business and Technology Centre has leading edge technology which supports VOip, and peer-to-peer video conferencing, excellent facility to conduct training sessions or workshops
• Deerhurst Resort - World Class resort and home to the 2010 G20 as well as IRONMAN Muskoka
• Algonquin Theatre - The Algonquin Theatre has all the professional tools to host your theatrical, corporate or business event. Whether you need a 408 seat auditorium or an intimate 120 seat space, the Algonquin Theatre is here to help plan your theatrical/business event from technical set-up and operation, ticketing and box office services to reception catering.
• Huntsville Memorial Hospital
• Access to 1 gigabit internet service in portions of the community - fastest internet service in Canada
• Canada Summit Centre – home to a twin pad arena, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, and indoor walking track.
• Active Living Centre – Excellent Facility for hosting, weddings, special events and corporate meetings
• Multiple Soccer Fields, baseball diamonds and skateboard park
• Growing reputation for Hosting world class sporting and cultural events – IRONMAN Muskoka, Girlfriends Getaway Weekend, Nuit Blanche North, Midnight Madness, Band on the Run, and multiple and provincial and national championship events
• Historic Deerhurst Resort
• First Class recreation and programs for individuals of all ages • Vibrant Downtown Huntsville