The Town of Bracebridge is located in the heart of Muskoka, a world-class tourism destination that has been highlighted in National Geographic’s 2011 Top Ten Summer Destinations. Situated just 2 hours north of Toronto, Bracebridge is home to approximately 16,000 permanent residents and an additional 9,000 residents during the cottage season.
Bracebridge offers its citizens strong construction, niche manufacturing, hospitality, tourism and professional services sectors along with diversified social, recreational and cultural resources. The community is considered the political, cultural, and economic capital of the region. The following regional organizations are situated in Bracebridge: administrative offices of the District Municipality of Muskoka, the provincial courthouse, head offices for Trillium Lakeland District School Board, South Muskoka Regional Hospital, to name just a few.
CURRENT AMENITIES AND INFRASTRUCTURE INCLUDE:
• 1 gigabit internet service in many parts of the community
• Post-secondary education options that include:
Georgian College which offers courses geared to the local labour market including Construction Techniques, Personal Support Worker (PT) and Practical Nursing (PT)
Contact North - a 24/7 gateway providing easy and quick access toinformation on more than 2,600 programs and 42,000+ online courses from colleges and universities in Ontario
• South Muskoka Memorial Hospital
• Ample electrical capacity to meet any industrial /commercial requirements
• A newly established business park with 22 shovel-ready lots coming on stream in the near future
• A 300 seat community theatre (Rene M. Caisse Memorial Theatre)
• Access to several outstanding golf courses within a 30 minute drive
• A community Sportsplex that includes an indoor swimming pool, climbing wall, weight room, indoor walking track and numerous community rooms for a wide variety of recreation possibilities
• An arena, a state of the art 4 diamond baseball complex, a skate board park and a disc Frisbee course
• Numerous walking trails and public beaches
• A culturally vibrant community with annual festivals that include Muskoka Arts and Crafts Summer Show, Midnight Madness, Muskoka Opera Festival, Muskoka Beer Festival….to name just a few
• The iconic Santa’s Village Family Entertainment Park with something for kids of all ages
• Exceptional sports and recreational programs
• Muskoka’s Downtown - a historically beautiful downtown that features one-of-a-kind boutiques, restaurants and services
Site Preparations are underway for a new library, arena and fieldhouse scheduled to open in 2023
• Zero Municipal Development Charges: Prior to July 3, 2014, Bracebridge’s non-residential development charge rate was $14.63/m². Today it is ZERO. The District of Muskoka has also reduced its non-residential DC rate from $32.83/m² to $16.47/m².
• Community Improvement Grants & Loans: A wide variety of grants and/or interest free loans are available through the comprehensive Community Improvement Plan (CIP). A Tax Increment Grant is available to property owners whose municipal property taxes have increased as a result of substantial development, re-development, construction or reconstruction of an eligible building or property within the designated areas of the Town. There are also a variety of other grant and loan programs available for existing commercial buildings throughout the community.